Avail’s insurance provides liability coverage for damages caused by the vehicle you are borrowing and physical damage coverage for damages caused to the vehicle you are borrowing while car sharing.
- Liability coverage helps protect you if the vehicle is involved in an accident that caused injury and/or property damage to others. The limit for this coverage is at least 1 Million dollars.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps pay for injuries caused by an accident – for instance, someone else's medical bills.
- Property damage liability helps pay for damages caused by an accident - for instance, someone else’s car or home.
- Physical damage coverage helps protect you if the vehicle is damaged. Coverage is up to the actual cash value of the vehicle.
- Collision insurance coverage helps pay to repair or replace the vehicle if it's damaged in an accident with another vehicle or object, such as a fence or a tree.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage helps pay to replace or repair the vehicle if it's stolen or damaged in an incident that's not a collision. Comprehensive typically covers damage from fire, vandalism or falling objects (like a tree or hail).
For additional policy details, please visit the Insurance Policy page on our website or on the Avail Car Sharing app. To view insurance details on the app, go to the "Account" tab, and select "Support."